Unhappy at work? Here are some tips to survive
Feeling unenthusiastic, bored or stressed about your job? Is it time for a change or to just get a different perspective?
“It’s just a chapter in your life. Turn the page and move on.”
Focus on what you can control
You can’t control your colleagues, or the traffic to work but when you focus on what you can control – you can turn your day around.
- Set goals for yourself that are within your control to achieve.
- Go after a promotion or raise by being your best – even though you cannot control if you’ll get it.
- Start your day as if it is your first day at the office.
- Speak to your manager about what you would like to achieve or change – create your own action plan.
Reflect on the past
- Revisit the highlights and accomplishments of your job. How did theses make you feel?
- What was your favourite day at work?
- What was your least favourite day at work?
Reignite your passion for your job
There is a saying, “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone.”
Pretend that you no longer have your job – what would you miss? What would you not miss?
Think about the things you would have done differently if you were just hired. Which projects would challenge you? Which goals would you set out to accomplish? What makes your day at the office a great day?
Either change what you do or change how you do it…
At GoldenRule we believe in matching our candidates to the right position and company culture. Visit our careers page today to find and apply for IT jobs.